Click on the Links below
| 1 | 4 | 6 | 7 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 13 | 17 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 26 | 28 | 30 | 31 | 33 | 36 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | ACO | BEAM | FTA/ Disbanded stations

Station 1 "Downtown" (In the First Battalion)

a


Station 1
:  1645 Superior
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Fire Station number one began as a two story brick station on 1 Frankfort Street built in 1854. The station was between Bank and Water Street. In October 1870 a new station was built on the site at corner of St. Clair at Academy(West 4th) This station was numbered 330 St. Clair Avenue.  It was the largest Fire station at the time and could house forty men and twenty horses. The Station was home to Engine 1, Ladder 1, Engine 27, Water Tower,  light and power truck, Heavy duty Rescue- 729, and the Foam truck. Above the station  were administrative offices, harness makers shop and the storeroom.  The station was abandoned in November of 1975, and moved to present location at 1645 Superior, as Station 14. Engine 1 and ladder 1 were moved  to station 28. In July of 1976 the old Fire Station Number 1  was destroyed in a 3-3-3 alarm set by vandals. The original stone relief plaque with the No. 1 on it is in front of the current station.

 

 













 


m
Visitors since 9/07



The Cleveland Firefighters Association

Phone : (216) 252-5900
Fax: (216) 252-5966

iafflocal93@aol.com