Station 9: 6712 Woodland
Established in January 1873 at Willson St (E55th) between Woodland and Cobleigh Ct. The address was 2671 East 55th St. The building was a two story brick double house similar in design to old Station Number 10, both being built in 1872 and 1873. Station number 9 had lighter brickwork over the arches. This building was abandoned in 1954 when the current station was built at 6712 Woodland The station was opened April 2nd, 1954.
Due to firefighter layoffs in 2004, Engine Co 9 was redesignated Ladder Co 9 (Engine & Ladder 7 down the street, were disbanded simultaneously).
Due to additional firefighter layoffs in 2011, Ladder Co 9 was disbanded in July 2011.