Station 26 "Kinsman" (Assigned to the Fifth Battalion)
Station 26: 7818 Kinsman
Station 26 was established May 1st 1898 at 7818 Kinsman, corner of E79th St (East Madison Ave.) The station was built by the surrounding Hungarian neighborhood with the City providing firefighters to man the station. It was a state of the art facility for its time. It was built with two bay doors, for the steamer and for the hose cart. This is the oldest continuously open fire station in the city of Cleveland. The 1897 Yearbook states "Work has commenced on the new Kinsman Street Fire Station, Which, when finished will be one of the most complete and modern buildings in the city"
Visitors since 9/07
The Cleveland Firefighters Association
Phone : (216) 252-5900
Fax: (216) 252-5966