Station 28 "BEARS" (Bureau of Equipment and repair services)
Station 28: 310 Carnegie
Station 28 was established on September 30, 1901at 615 Hill St, near Commercial Ave. Built as a 3 story station with the Alarm Office moving to the 3rd floor August 1903.On May 5th 1924 the City Purchased land at Central Ave and Hill Street for new Station 28, it was necessary to relocate due to Union Station Construction Project The 615 Hill St. site was vacated on October 28, 1926 and moved to 310 Carnegie Station 28 was disbanded May 1st, 1964, but the Alarm Office remained until 2002. Station 28 was reopened in 2001 when Tac 5 was housed here in the old safety signal building. Tac 5 was moved to station 7 and Rescue 4 was moved from station 5- to station 28 in early 2004. The CFD BEARS unit, and the CPD SWAT armored vehicle are also housed at station 28.
Visitors since 9/07
The Cleveland Firefighters Association
Phone : (216) 252-5900
Fax: (216) 252-5966